Thursday 16 January 2014

beserver.exe high cpu

We got an alert at work that our backups server running Backup Exec 10 was using a lot of memory.

I RDPed to it and checked out Task Manager. There was a process, beserver.exe using a lot of RAM and CPU. Backups were still running.

I returned after they had completed and nothing had changed.

CPU and memory usage were high but CPU wasn't 99% or anything like that.

So I googled it and it turns out that this can be due to a faulty component, and can be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling it.

But to me that seemed like too big a risk. Sounds great in theory but I know that things break if you tinker with them. I also noticed that this has been happening sporadically for months and yet no backups have failed because of it. In the end I chose to leave it as it was. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

More info here:

The Backup Exec Server service (beserver.exe) consumes an excessive amount of memory and shows high CPU Utilization


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts