Saturday 15 February 2014

Check Website Availability From Multiple Locations

Our company web sites (all hosted externally on a Windows Server box) all went down the other day.

The first thing I wanted to check was that it was not an internet routing issue affecting some geographic regions but not others.

So I found this cool site (there are many others but this one is superb) that checks connectivity from multiple locations, giving you response times and other useful stats:

Monitor Website Uptime

Our site was down all over the world. But I was able to connect to the server itself. Very strange. I checked IIS and it was up and running with no issues whatsoever. Right about that time, the site availability came back. I checked the logs but there was nothing to note.

I'm still scratching my head about that one. I would think that the hosting company maybe went down but I was still able to remote in. Perhaps outgoing page loads were temporarily blocked/down? Who knows.....?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts